call for testers

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Sep 5 00:41:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, michael johnson wrote:

> the child process becomes zombie and the test freezes.
>
> probably a perl+freebsd problem?

No, same thing happens on my OS X desktop here.  The test suite would hang
the same way on Linux if this happened:

Brads-Computer:~/build/memcached-1.2.x-svn361 bradfitz$ telnet 127.0.0.1
11211
Trying 127.0.0.1...
<6 new client connection
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
stats
<6 stats
>6 STAT pid 11345
STAT uptime 23
STAT time 1157416749
STAT version 1.2.x-svn361
STAT rusage_user 0.024870
STAT rusage_system 0.060493
STAT curr_items 0
STAT total_items 0
STAT bytes 0
STAT curr_connections 2
STAT total_connections 4
STAT connection_structures 3
STAT cmd_get 0
STAT cmd_set 0
STAT get_hits 0
STAT get_misses 0
STAT bytes_read 14
STAT bytes_written 0
STAT limit_maxbytes 67108864
END
Failed to write, and not due to blocking: Invalid argument
<6 connection closed.
Connection closed by foreign host.

So somehow memcached is closing the socket when I ask for stats.

Or if I just set something:

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 11211
Trying 127.0.0.1...
<6 new client connection
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
set foo 0 0 3
<6 set foo 0 0 3
bar
>6 STORED
Failed to write, and not due to blocking: Invalid argument
<6 connection closed.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Once I find/fix this, I imagine the rest of the BSD/Solaris problems will
clear up.

- Brad