Failing UDP mode test

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Thu Sep 7 07:54:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Steven Grimm wrote:

> This is failing because of the change in the semantics of the rcurr and
> rbuf members of the conn structure that happened when the Facebook code
> was merged into the mainline. The rcurr pointer wasn't getting reset to
> the start of the packet properly on UDP requests.

It seems this problem has happened in other places recently too, with
names changing meaning slowly enough over time that we all just kinda get
used to it, until one day none of the variables mean what they once did.

I think a mass renaming and memcached.h doc cleanup might be in order.
I'm not sure I'll stay motivated enough to do it, but don't be surprised
if you see the patch go through....  :)

Maybe it's not as bad as I think, but I'm used to the code.  I'll have to
go re-read the code trying to read it from an outsider's perspective.

- Brad