mcm_server_connect_next_avail():2324

Lars Fabig lfabig at bmat.com
Tue Apr 10 19:00:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am new to the topic memcached. I implemented a C++ wrapper
for memcached that works as a client.

I did an experiment with 3 memcached servers on 3 different
computer connected via a switch within a LAN.

The memcached servers have been started from command line
with the typical settings, e.g.

"memcached -m 1024 -l 156.134.1.5 -p 11211"

The IP address corresponds to the IP of each of the computers.

The client is executed on one of those computers with a test application.
The test application does 3 things:

1) Adding a number of items to the memcached.
2) Performing Get() of all keys
3) Delete all keys from memcached

The computers are running Ubuntu 6.10 for 32 bit and no additional
configurations
has been done apart from installing the memcached Debian package.

Can you give me some hints which are possible reasons for the warning:

"mcm_server_connect_next_avail():2324" ?

I already checked Google but I couldn't find very useful information,
but it seems
somehow related to the network settings of the computer.

Thanks in advance,

Lars