mc vs oscache, ehcache

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 08:59:56 UTC 2007

I have a java app (though I'm not a java person) that's just switched
from oscache to ehcache. Both are very java-specific, and seem to
take a very long way around dealing with coherency on a cluster
(broadcast cache invalidations and writes, much duplication of cached
data). Does anyone have opinions about using either of these two vs
memcache? Is the added inertia of an app server harder to cope with
in a lightweight cache like mc? Would it be a good idea to use both
cache types at once (ehcache for session/app instance data, mc for
global)?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions