Crash from libmemcache

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Wed Apr 18 22:20:36 UTC 2007

Hi!

I've been testing the the threaded memcached server against the non-
threaded one to see which performs better. For methodology I am using
mysqlslap to do a load test against a memcache table in MySQL. Here
is the problem I am hitting:

[NOTICE at 1176933595.456150] mcm_server_connect():2297: Cannot assign
requested address
[NOTICE at 1176933595.456194] mcm_server_connect_next_avail():2328:
Cannot assign requested address

This starts shows up at a 100 connections (aka a hundred open and
active clients against MySQL doing inserts on the memcache table).
What I am seeing is about a dozen of the above messages and then a
crash in the libmemcache code.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
	-Brian