Crash from libmemcache

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Thu Apr 19 08:23:09 UTC 2007

On 19/04/2007, at 4:37 PM, Just Marc wrote:

> It's quite large as it depends on other APR components...

yes, but most distributions have it bundled already, and it only
takes minutes to compile on a whole heap
of different platforms (windows, linux, solaris, mac, freebsd, and so
on)

so I've never really been concerned about the size of it.

the only downside I can see of using APR is the  'pools' mechanism
might be annoying if you don't plan on using APR as a portability
layer in the rest of your
app.

--Ian

disclaimer.. I'm a APR developer.