Memcached implementation inquiry

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Apr 21 12:16:13 UTC 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 4:56 AM, Lexington Luthor wrote:

> At what kind of (OLTP) load does mysql begin to be hampered by lock
> contention?

"How fast can a car drive before it runs off the road?"

I could tell you that on one of our datasets (~50GB) in one of our
benchmarks (typical production, mostly reads some writes) on one of
our DB servers (dual woodcrest, 8GB ram, 3ware SATA) I get between
1500 and 5000qps depending on the workload.   Lock contention is
pretty rare with InnoDB.   But does that help you anything?

The tests done by MySQL and the storage engine people are generally
well specified.   MySQL provide their benchmark tools too so you can
replicate their tests and see how they are done ...

  - ask