Any issues with pipelining requests?

David Phillips david at acz.org
Mon Apr 23 02:48:09 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net> wrote:
>        However, I was just reading on the twisted list that there may be a
> problem sending requests without waiting for the results.

You can deadlock if you try to send all your requests without reading
anything.  You need to read data when available.  This is not
memcached specific.  Example with fake numbers:

client has 64k of requests to send
client does a 64k blocking write, actually writes 32k
memcached reads 32k, has a 128k response
memcached writes 32k
(client is stalled trying to write the remaining 32k)
(memcached is stalled trying to write the remaining 96k)