ketama memcached java client

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Aug 1 22:12:28 UTC 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 3:07, Richard Jones wrote:

> I'm in the process of updating libketama to make this configurable
> and merging
> a patch that implements FNV hashing, which seems to be almost twice
> as fast
> as md5 (still need a java impl of FNV-1a)

	My FNV implementation is here:

http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/memcached/file/tip/src/java/net/spy/
memcached/HashAlgorithm.java

	Unit tests here:

http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/memcached/file/tip/src/test/net/spy/
memcached/HashAlgorithmTest.java

	I implemented Ketama as a node locator in my java client.  I don't
have a test that assures complete consistency at the moment (i.e. I
haven't compared it to another ketama implementation for a sequence
against a specific set of nodes), but I'm guessing it's at least
somewhat close:

http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/memcached/file/tip/src/java/net/spy/
memcached/KetamaNodeLocator.java

--