what does the item's 'age' stat mean?

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Sat Aug 4 06:20:26 UTC 2007

John.H wrote:
> Thanks Steve
> but I still do not understand that I set all the item's expire time to '0'
> so,why these age will be such that stat?

"Age" refers to how old something is. That is, current_time -
item_creation_time. Whether or not you set an expiration time has no
effect on an item's age.

> Does the following stats
>   STAT items:1:number 12
>   STAT items:1:age 5904
> mean:
> the slab whose classid is  1 have  12 items

Yes.

> and this slab's next expire item will be expire in 5904 seconds?

No, it says the oldest item in the slab was created 5904 seconds ago. If
you run the same command one second later, the number will change to
5905. (Assuming the item didn't get ejected from the cache during that
one second.)

-Steve