Multiple eviction policies

Wojtek Meler wmeler at wp.pl
Tue Aug 7 09:21:27 UTC 2007

Did you considered multiple eviction policies for memcached ?
In common there are many types of data stored in cache and it would be
great if one could tune cache size and eviction policy for each type. I
know that it is possible to setup multiple memcached processes, but it
will be quite ineffective for thousands of caches.
As far as I understand the code, current implementation has single hash
and linked list for LRU. It would be great if additional layer of hash
and linked list could be introduced that group data in caches, allowing
to set different eviction rules for each cache. I don't fully understand
"managed mode" but probably cache could be identified by part of data
key. Any comments ?

Regards,
Wojtek