Inconsistent Protocol Access?

Jehiah Czebotar jehiah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:28:22 UTC 2007

> I telnetted around the servers and found that 1 of the keys I'm looking for
> is on server 1, and the other is on server 2.  PHP finds both; Perl and
> Python only find the one on server 2.  If I move server 2 to the front of
> the list, it finds the one on server 2 and not on server 1.  It seems like
> Perl/Python aren't trying the other servers.

The different client libraries do not (yet) use the same algorithm to
hash the keys to decide which server gets which segments of data. You
should investigate which key hashing algorithm php/perl and python are
using.  (standardizing this has been discussed on the list more than
onces)

put simply; access is not the same across languages (yet)