Regarding Memcache Usage

Ajinkya Nahar ajinkya at truesparrow.com
Tue Aug 28 10:02:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am working on a PHP - MySQL based application.

I want to use Memcache for caching purpose.

I have been reading about memcache for last two days.

However, I have following doubts about the PHP client library (memcache
extension) -

1)       How will we add or remove a particular memcache node without
flushing all data?

2)       How is consistent hashing better than the current hashing used in
PHP library?

3)       How can we come to know on which memcache node a particular key is
stored?

Please let me know your suggestions/answers.

Regards,

Ajinkya