binary wire protocol in memcached

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Aug 29 00:43:56 UTC 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 4:56, Alex Stapleton wrote:

> The x86 BSWAP instruction (which is what ntohl compiles to I
> believe) accepts 64-bit operands so you should be able to do it
> using a bit of inline assembly.

	Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a library or a header.
Mine should work and be portable, but slow.  If someone wants to make
one that's portable and fast, then that's fine.  This is currently
only used in the code that's receiving increments, so I'm not *that*
worried about performance there.  I'm hoping to just get it right.

--
Dustin Sallings