Regarding Consistent Hashing....

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Aug 30 08:48:24 UTC 2007

A couple, I think ;)

Mikael, I think now's as good of a time as ever to decide on the hashing
standard. Believe brad's asked a few times if anyone has any complaints
with the Perl version, or any reasons/preferences as to one
implementation or the other. There's no authority on this other than the
people who respond here and have compelling arguments :)

I only know of (offhand):

- Yours
- libketama
- Set::ConsistentHash

... maybe Dustin wrote one? Maybe apr_memcache has one? I forget.

All that really matters is that an approach not everyone completely
absolutely hates is decided on, so this can get into use. Based on MD5?
Based on CRC32? What works best?

-Dormando