Partial Flush?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Aug 30 21:50:29 UTC 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 13:55 , Sam Washburn wrote:

> This is a shot in the dark question, but is it in the maintainer's
> interest
> to implement a partial flush of a memcache server?  Perhaps by a
> wild card
> key?  The other way I was thinking it could be done is by having
> both a
> context and a key for storing a value.
>
> Are any of these ideas of interest to the maintainers?  I have the
> skill to
> implement these changes myself (and can contribute), but thought I
> would try
> going to the source(no pun intended) before forking this great
> project.

	There are two proposals for this currently (everyone flog me for not
putting this on the wiki and pointing to it):

	1)  Regex (or prefix) clearing.
	2)  Tagging (and tag clearing).

	Both work in a similarly.  Here's the description I wrote of the
wildcard delete mechanism:

	http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-July/004711.html

	The same thread goes over tags a bit, but effectively, you'd be able
to tag the key with the server name and delete by the server name tag.

--
Dustin Sallings