anyone interested in trying the binary protocol?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Fri Aug 31 18:36:24 UTC 2007

	I've got a tree automatically updating with my patches whenever I
change anything so you can always grab the latest complete sources
from this location:

	http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/hacks/memcached-binary-full/archive/
tip.tar.gz

	I added a -B option to specify a port for the binary TCP protocol.
I have not implemented a binary UDP protocol.

	Still todo:

	* deferred delete
	* stats
	* update protocol documentation
	* ?

	Client availability is obviously limited.  I've got a python client
that I won't claim is suitable for anything but protocol compliance
testing (it works fine, but it was not written for performance), and
the latest pre-release of my java client is at least as ready as the
server is.

	Python client:  http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/python/memcached-test/
	Java client:  http://bleu.west.spy.net/~dustin/projects/memcached/

	If you are interested in tracking the development of the server
patches or picking up the patches themselves, you can do so here:

	http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/hacks/memcached-binary/

	With the patches themselves being available here:

	http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/hacks/memcached-binary/file/tip

--
Dustin Sallings