Trying to fix a bug in debian for memcached

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Tue Dec 4 10:15:07 UTC 2007

Hi there!

	My name is Jeremiah Foster and I am trying to fix a bug in debian so that we can have an up-to-date version of memcached in debian. The bug in question is here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=453094 and it provides a pretty good description of the problem.

	It appears that the bug can be removed with proper documentation, but I do not have the required competence with memcached to write that documentation. May I request help with the documentation from this list?

	I think the documentation might be something like this:

	"When defining a key to be placed in a memcached cache, you can only use alphanumeric characters, no	whitespace is allowed."

	Is this formulation accurate?

	Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,

	Jeremiah