[ANNOUNCE] memcached 1.2.4

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Dec 6 20:40:28 UTC 2007

Tomash Brechko wrote:
> Hello dormando,
>
> In the t/cas.t in tests you removed recently the bug was probably in
>
>   ok($result[0] != "",
>
> You should use 'ne' to compare strings.  Original test was equal to
>
>   ok($result[0] != 0,

Those tests ended up being nondeterministic. I had a report of someone
running a VM with very little memory allocated to it, and the tests
failed with the results flipped. If he allocated more memory, they
flipped back.

In looking at it, I can only see it working if you do something to
ensure memcached received the first command before the second one...
Otherwise tcp magic could get them flipped.

-Dormando