Random add/set errors on Debian/Memcached 1.1.12

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Fri Dec 7 03:18:23 UTC 2007

Are there any PHP folks on the list who want to step up participation a
bit? I loathe the language but understand it's popular; we get a lot of
questions and need more docs, people helping out, etc.

I'm willing to bet your pecl/memcache client could use an upgrade; I've
seen a lot of reports of this issue happening with the older client.

Also, 1.1.12 is fairly old and has _some_ bugs... I wouldn't be quick to
blame it on your issue though.

Otherwise, you should strace a process that's exhibiting issues and see
what the actual traffic between memcached and your client process looks
like. You can pull the real errors from that, send to the list, and
we'll work from there.

-Dormando