How do I judge the value does not exist or there are problems in the server?

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Fri Dec 7 03:42:16 UTC 2007

芽雨@Gmail wrote:
> Hi, my English is not well, but I really want to participate in some
> discussions.
>
> I would like to ask some basis question for the use of libmemcache (the
> C client).
>
> When use the mc_aget() and it return the NULL, how do I judge the value
> does not exist or there are problems in the server?
>
> While testing the memcached, I edit the port with intent, this
> simulation server problems (four port in one server). So the mc_aget()
> return the NULL, I try to compare the ms->active before and after use of
> the mc_aget(), but the ms->active has always been the value of t.
>
> And I find the port was changed, so, should be compare the port whether
> be changed?

We use cacti and nagios to monitor our memcached servers.  They tell us
if the servers have problems or are down.  From my code (using the PHP
client) I don't really have to care if there are server problems.  My
code needs to run as fast as it can and not worry with what happened on
a daemon.  There are other tools for monitoring that stuff.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer