How do I judge the value does not exist or there are problems in the server?

Troy Davisson troy.davisson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:46:09 UTC 2007

I'm not sure you'll get much information from any client library that
would tell you much.  Instead of having that kind of logging in place
within your main application (which could slow down and even reverse
what you're trying to accomplish with memcached), it may be better to
run a scheduled task in the background that attempts to grab
information from your memcached server on a regular basis.  Within
that monitoring program, you could check for request timeouts or
anything else you'd need that may take longer than what you want a
user to have to sit through.

I think most people apply memcached towards the following situation
when using a database:

- check cache for data
- if cache data exists, use cache data
- if cache data doesn't exist, use database data and save in cache