Developing memcached, how should we do it?

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Thu Dec 13 17:13:53 UTC 2007

Yeah, git or hg is really a much better tool for this kind of
development than svn is. In fact, I use git for all of my memcached
development -- it interfaces reasonably well with svn in the form of
"import changes from the foreign repository" and "export changes back
to the foreign repository" operations. Unless you explicitly interact
with svn, you get to use all the version control goodies you want
locally without touching (or needing permission to touch) the public
central repository.

Not sure what the state of hg's svn interface is but even a manual
"copy the cleartext files out of an svn client and into an hg
repository" setup (easily scriptable) would offer a lot of advantages
for local development.

-Steve