question about using memcached for shared web hosting

John j at jawed.name
Mon Dec 17 17:49:32 UTC 2007

Hi Hans,

You can specify the following directives in your php.ini:

session.save_handler = memcache
session.save_path = "http://localhost:11211"

To test if your current version of php/pecl-memcached supports session
do a var_dump(MEMCACHE_HAVE_SESSION), if 1 then you are good to go,
otherwise you may need to upgrade php/pecl-memcached.

Regards,
John