Memcached PHP Sessions

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Fri Feb 2 08:46:09 UTC 2007

Yes, I was thinking about that too. Even though I am
using C client this is still a problem.

Dealing with a really big array could be a huge drawback.
You have to pull it out, edit it and then save it back.
Sometimes it is even worse - you have to encode/decode
it in between.

I have worked only with Java and C clients and don't
know if others have some special functions but this
would probably have to be implemented on the server side.

For now, I've written some functions that return proper
index to me, but it's just hiding. I still have to transfer
whole array to get one index. If I want to change something,
whole array has to be transfered again.

Regards,
Jure Petrovic