Memcached PHP Sessions

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:38:13 UTC 2007

back to the basics, i am not arguing memcached can't do the job, but
there are other methods which are equally good (or better), and are
easy to use & scale well

if your reason is to maintain sessions across web servers then you
should use load balancer. no coding is needed, local file system is
very fast and storage is cheap.

if you use 2GB RAM for session caching, I would consider use these
memory cache more useful information, such as user data, product data
etc.