Max Connections on Windows = Bug?

Stephen Bazemore sbazemore at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 18:07:06 UTC 2007

Ok so here's what I've got. We run windows server 2003 machines with
memcached 1.2.0. I've read alot on the mailing list and everyone say's the
max connections to memcached is 1024 unless specified otherwise. How would
it be possible to go above that limit? For month's all of our memcached
instances have had on average around 3,500 connections on each.  I didn't
think much about it because we weren't having any issues. Just recently
we've optimized alot of code which is allowing more users to hit our site
and the memcached connections are getting onward of 10,000 per instance.
When that happens our network slows to a crawl and I have to shut the site
off in order to let the connections die off.

Is there a known bug in the windows version of memcached that would ignore
the max connections limit?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

--