cache hit ratio

Daniel Beckham dbeckham-memcached at dealnews.com
Sat Jul 7 13:30:32 UTC 2007

When someone says "I have a memcached hit ratio of 90%" they are talking
about a ratio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratio) as it relates to the
total amount of hits+misses: (get_misses / (get_hits+get_misses)) *
100.  e.g.  If get_hits returns 900 and get_misses returns 100 we can
calculate the percentage of hits as related to the whole.
(900/(100+900)) * 100 = 90% of the memcached requests were hits.
Incidentally, this is a ratio of 9:1.

-Daniel