Hackathon / Multidimensional keys / Wildcard deletes

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sun Jul 8 06:16:00 UTC 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 21:42, Steve Grimm wrote:

> One other thought: since, if you buy what I said above, HTTP is not
> going to
> be the choice of the performance-sensitive, maybe it makes sense to
> consider
> implementing the HTTP support as a completely separate frontend
> that acts as
> a proxy to a memcached instance that speaks the high-speed
> protocol. I am
> not sure that's actually a good idea but I thought I'd toss it out
> there.

Isn't the major attraction of http that it's easier to extend etc?
Given that it can't be the protocol of choice for the common client
libraries anyway, I'm not sure what the point is.

A basic text based interface is nice for quick testing and stats
viewing with telnet; but not otherwise useful.

Anyway, to keep on your last idea: It'd be sorta like MySQL is a
complicated interface to NDB.  :-)

  - ask