new .net client for memcached

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Jul 11 18:49:51 UTC 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 5:52 , Roberto Spadim wrote:

> what about using swig to write client protocol? we just need to
> select what language and compile.. no time spend creating one
> interface for each language

	That'd be inconvenient for at least me.  I rarely develop and deploy
on the same OS, and my deployment for java apps is basically build +
rsync.  This is especially difficult when I deploy multiple
applications that use a memcached client into a single app server (I
think I have six or eight or so at home).

	I don't think FFI is a way to go in the general case.  It'd still
require a lot of work to make the interface not be awkward and
probably even more to fit into a reasonable native event loop.

--
Dustin Sallings