Memcache increment

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Jul 11 19:11:28 UTC 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 11:57 , Anjali Kumari wrote:

> Well I see functions memcache::increment and memcache::decrement in
> Php manual.
> @ http://www.phpbuilder.com/manual/en/function.memcache-increment.php
> Now I also see an incr and decr functions on the internet and as
> you mentioned it says that incr and decr are atomic.
> So my question is - are these the same functions, and are both atomic.

	Ah, you're asking about a PHP client.  I would assume these
functions are built off the fundamental incr and decr memcached
operations and are thus atomic.  If not, they've got some bugs and
need to be fixed so that they are atomic.

	You should be able to tell by looking at the client source if you're
concerned.

--
Dustin Sallings