binary protocol time representation

Randy Wigginton krw at nobugz.com
Thu Jul 12 14:18:40 UTC 2007

I strongly agree with this.  One thing I've discovered programmers
are universally poor at, it is dealing with time zones.  DST was so
much fun at eBay twice a year.  Let's move to a purely relative time,
then it doesn't matter whether all the machines are synchronized to
the same time server and timezone.