binary protocol time representation

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Jul 12 19:56:52 UTC 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 12:45 , Marc wrote:

> Are there any places where we either require absolute time or a time
> interval greater than 49 days?  For the latter, we could simply use a
> uint64_t version of timestamp, but I'd rather that be the exception
> than the
> common case.

	Well, I'm wondering if anyone has an interval that long where they
don't mean ``forever.''  It might be enough to say 0 == no time-based
invalidation.

	As a cache, it should be considered possible that an entry may
disappear at any time and you'll have to regenerate it.  If you did
have something you wanted to expire at an exact moment in the future,
you could cache it with max(timeToExpirationDate, MAX_EXP_INTERVAL)

--
Dustin Sallings