memcache PHP session handler redundancy

Martin Minka martin.minka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:19:33 UTC 2007

Hello,
hope it is ok to post to this mailing list also regarding memcache as
PHP session handler. I believe that there is a lot of sites with load
balancing who uses memcache for sessions.

The session handler is using power of more memcache servers to store
sessions, but it does not support redundancy and in case that one of
this memcache servers is lost, some sessions are lost.

I submited a request about new functionality to bug forum of the PECL
package (because I did not found better place where to submit it).
If you are interested please review it at
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11637 and submit your comments. Hope
that somebode from the PECL team will add redundancy to the code in near
future.

Sincerely,
Martin Minka