Cache miss stampedes

Rob Sharp rob.sharp at thesoundalliance.net
Thu Jul 26 01:24:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 08:56 -0500, Brett Hoerner wrote:

> On 7/25/07, dormando <dormando at rydia.net> wrote:
> > What approaches do folks typically use to deal with this more elegantly?
>
> This has a great description (see right) of one method with pretty
> readable Python, I assume it could be adapted to other languages /
> use-cases,
>
> <http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/155/>
>
> Brett

That looks like a good technique.

I think I'll do a bit of benchmarking to see the if the performance hit
affects us much, but it looks good.

Thanks,
Rob.

Rob Sharp
Development Lead

telephone: 02 9282 4049
facsimile: 02 9282 4099
skype: qu4nnum

Sound Alliance
inthemix : FasterLouder : Thought By Them : SameSame

100% recycled electrons were used for the composition of this email
- please don't print it unless you need to!