Cache miss stampedes

BUSTARRET, Jean-francois jfbustarret at wat.tv
Thu Jul 26 08:39:03 UTC 2007

You would not need tuning, and the rate of incoming requests is not a
problem IMHO.

- If the rate is very low, one can expect that there won't be any
stampede (unless the regeneration code is veeeeeeery slow, but this a
code tuning problem, and not a caching one)
- If the rate is moderate, it works fine
- If the rate is very high, I still prefer to 1% of requests
regenerating the key instead of 100% one minute later...