What to cache?

K J sanbat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:44:00 UTC 2007

There are portions of my PHP application that updates every 5 minutes or
so.  Thus I think it's a great candidate for caching, as opposed to having
the server refresh that portion every time there's a query.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a PHP partial page caching available is
there?

So, I'm thinking of using Memcache instead.  Now, I can cache the SQL
queries, or I can cach that portion of the page (with html rendered).
However, if caching that portion, it would mean more internal LAN traffic
for every page view request.

Anyone know what I should do here?