Running as a daemon/monitoring TTL

BUSTARRET, Jean-francois jfbustarret at wat.tv
Fri Jun 1 12:21:13 UTC 2007

Evictions were added in 1.2.2...

________________________________

De : memcached-bounces at lists.danga.com [mailto:memcached-bounces at lists.danga.com] De la part de Harry McIntyre
Envoyé : vendredi 1 juin 2007 11:58
À : Ben Hartshorne; Harry McIntyre; memcached at lists.danga.com
Objet : Re: Running as a daemon/monitoring TTL

Do you know which version the eviction stats were added? We are running 1.1.12 (which came on the Ubuntu server CD I think)
cheers
Harry

On 5/31/07, Ben Hartshorne <memcache at green.hartshorne.net> wrote:

	On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:37:07AM +0100, Harry McIntyre wrote:
	> Hi there folks!
	>
	> We have just set up our first memcached server. As a test I created two
	> instances using -d, one for each of our servers ethernet cards.
	> Unfortunately we used the default size of 64MB. I would like to somehow
	> uninstall these daemon processes and reinstall them using 8GB instances, but
	> every time I do a killall and reinstanciate them at a different size, then
	> do a reboot, the original size of 64 MB is restored. We are running an
	> Ubuntu 7.04 server.

	edit /etc/sysconfig/memcached (or wherever 'grep SYSCONFIG
	/etc/init.d/memcached' tells you to find your configuration file; dunno
	if it's different on ubuntu - I use CentOS) to specify CACHESIZE="8000"
	for 8GB.  (or should it be 8196?)

	> Also,  is there a good way to monitor what the current average insert time
	> of the files being dropped by the LRU algorithm is? I'm not quite sure how
	> to tell how hard a memcached server is being hit.

	you have stats for number of sets, gets, cache_hits, and evictions,
	which probably are what you're looking for.

	-ben

	--
	Ben Hartshorne
	email: ben at hartshorne.net