restarting every night?

Steve Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Wed Jun 6 17:37:39 UTC 2007

We never restart our memcached servers unless we're pushing out a new
version of the code. Most of our memcached server processes have been
running without incident since February 28; many of them have served
literally hundreds of billions of requests each.

If your friend can provide a test case to demonstrate data corruption, we'd
all be very interested in seeing it.

-Steve