restarting every night?

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Thu Jun 7 19:45:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

These machines are running 32-bit OS (but the chip itself is a 64-bit
xeon). Memcached 1.2.2 with libevent 1.3b. I would expect it to be able
to use up to 4gb of space but any more than 2 it seems to get unstable
and crash.

I've tested this on a 64-bit machine and it seems to eat as much memory
as we throw at it.

Is the moral of the story "use 64-bit"?

Brandon