Next Major Memcached release / roadmap?

Iain Wade iwade at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 16 15:23:31 UTC 2007

I would like to see tugela-cache's BDB backend merged directly into memcached.

tugela-cache was a fork of an old memcache version for use in
media-wiki/wikipedia. It ripped out the memory cache code and replaced
it with BDB.

Subsequent enhancements to memcache have not been kept up to date in
tugela-cache. UDP support is not there, for example.

If I coded/merged up a selectable backend patch which allowed a
runtime choice, would it be acceptable to people?

--Iain