Memcached Database Use

ydnar ydnar at shaderlab.com
Mon Jun 25 16:12:34 UTC 2007

How abstracted are those 230 tables from the millions of lines of
code? Are you using an ORM or is everything explicitly tied to the
underlying schema?

While Memcached can be used for row-level caching, it is ideally
suited for caching in the Model layer of an MVC application.

One approach might be to identify a small number (< 5) of areas in
your code that would most directly benefit from caching, and
implement a first pass there. Once that’s working and you’re more
familiar with Memcached, look into a more comprehensive solution.

Randy