Memory management

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Tue Mar 27 07:36:24 UTC 2007

Yes, I've noticed that when "memcached -vv" showed totally
different slab classes than it should according to
Brad Fitzpatrick's "Distributed caching with Memcached."

Do you think that packing memory would not be a problem
performance-wise? What if the system is under constant (heavy)
load?

>From what I've seen, memory utilization is very good. Especially,
if you don't have to manage (pack) it, knowing it just won't
get fragmented beyond certain point.

Thank you, Steven, for theral explanation :-)
Jure