Dumping memcached?

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Wed Mar 28 08:52:03 UTC 2007

You kill (kill -9 ....) it and start it again?

I don't know what you're doing, but if you're caching pages, wouldn't it be better
to use something like squid, for example?

With memcached, every object that you would like to keep after shutdown, you have to
store in some persistent store (database, file,...). When starting up, you could preload
those objects in memcached.

Regards,
Jure