Memcached security

Mikael Johansson mikael at synd.info
Tue May 1 07:46:33 UTC 2007

Hi

Actually, the latest release of pecl/memcache (2.1.2) supports unix
sockets, you can connect like:

$mmc = new Memcache();
$mmc->addServer('unix:///var/run/memcached/memcached.sock', 0);

or

$mmc = memcache_connect('unix:///var/run/memcached/memcached.sock', 0);

Don't forget that the port-number must be set to 0 (or it will default
to 11211) as in the examples above.

//Mikael