Largest production memcached install?

Cal Heldenbrand cal at fbsdata.com
Thu May 3 21:16:21 UTC 2007

Steve,

Just curious what are the OS load averages on your database servers?  Have
you expanded facebook to the point where losing most of the memcache servers
would cause your entire application to grind to a halt?

During my initial thoughts on integrating memcache into our product, I could
see it eventually becoming a crutch and we wouldn't have enough database
hardware to support the application anymore.  I wonder if that's a good
thing or a bad thing?

Thanks!

--Cal

--