MemcacheFS

Erik Osterman e at osterman.com
Wed May 9 05:58:14 UTC 2007

Right, this is along the same lines, but not generalized. They made
Lighty Memcache aware, but that doesn't do much for other applications,
e.g. our XSLT processor which can only access files. Further more, since
it's not generalized, the cached data cannot easily be shared by many
unrelated applications. So, if different applications employ their own
Memcache caching strategy, a lot of memory is waisted on duplicate data.
Though, embracing this idea, one could use Lighty + modmemcache + webdav
+ fuse but that sounds very slow :)

Best,

Erik Osterman