memcached

Julio Leyva jcleyva at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 14:17:46 UTC 2007

Hi all

I'm new on this, just trying to explore how to speed up our application

I have  few questions about it.

Can I installed memcached on a SuSe Linux 10.1 box 64 bits?

Can Memcached work just in a single box? then scale to a 2 or 3?

We are thinking to use it for a table that has to be updated so often and
users read from it
Our backend is postgresql and is doing a table locked every time that table
is accessed therefore our performance issues, even with a record lock level
is a perfomance issue, so memcached can help us with that?

Also I was trying to find a user guide for installation and I couldn't find
a good one, ay idea?

Thanks a lot , I really appreciate any tips or suggestions