memcached

Jehiah Czebotar jehiah at gmail.com
Sun May 13 15:56:55 UTC 2007

when you have two memcached servers running, and one goes down, the
client[1] will mark the server as down and ignore it during that time.
While that server is down your application will still work, it will
just store all it's data in memcached on the single remaining server.
When that server comes back things should return to normal on their
own, and the application should start using it again.

[1] as this is client functionality it is up to the different client
libraries to implement it; but i believe all do. Some also have a flag
to disable this functionality

--
Jehiah