pre-release repcached (data replication patch)

Ben Manes ben_manes at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 20:47:15 UTC 2007

Very, very cool.  Keep this up. :-)

----- Original Message ----
From: "HIROSE, Masaaki" <hirose at klab.org>
To: memcached at lists.danga.com
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 11:38:06 PM
Subject: pre-release repcached (data replication patch)

Hi!

I said "I am also working for memcached replication" before:

  memcached replication
  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-September/005155.html

Finally, We implements all planned features and named this product
"repcaced".

We release pre patch at following URL and will relase first version if
 no
critical bug found.

  repcached-1.0RC4-1.2.2.patch.gz
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/repcached/

Any comments or advice or bug reports are welcome.

have fun!

main purpose:
  - redundancy memcached system
  - safe fail over

key features:
  - asynchronous data repliacation.
  - single master, single slave.
  - support all memcached command (set, add, delete, incr/decr,
 flush_all)
  - slave become master if master going down.
  - whole data copy to slave automatically when new slave connect to
 master.

how to:
  $ tar zxf tsng/memcached-1.2.2.tar.gz
  $ cd memcached-1.2.2/
  $ gzip -cd ../repcached-1.0RC4-1.2.2.patch.gz | patch -p1
  $ ./configure --enable-replication
      [notice: cannot set both --enable-replication and --enable-thread
      [        together.
  $ make
  # make install

  two machines "foo" and "bar".

  foo$ ./memcached          (start as master)
  bar$ ./memcached -x foo   (start as slave and connect to master(foo))

  client set key/val to master(foo). we can get same value from
 slave(bar).

  if master(foo) is down, slave(bar) become new master.

  and re-start memcached at foo as slave.
  foo$ ./memcached -x bar   (start as slave and connect to master(bar))

  all data which master(bar) have will copy to new slave(foo), then
 master
  and slave have same data.

--
HIROSE Masaaki